Charles Cassani - Construction Expert Witness
Areas of Expertise:
Restoration, Remediation, Fire and Water Damage, Air and Soil Quality, Biological Events, Engineering
Charles has over forty years of construction experience related to restoration, remediation, fire, water, vandalism and biological events. Charles has consulted as an appraiser, umpire, and expert witness for insurance companies, public entities, individuals, businesses, attorneys and the California State Department of Consumer Affairs and as a qualified Expert Witness in Superior Court and Federal Court, Sacramento, California, in personal property appraisal, cleaning, restoration and remediation.
Charles is also a Project Consultant for the non-profit organization, Citizens Voice, that provides Safely Out™ Kits to vulnerable citizens, bourne out of the devastation and loss-of-life lessons from Hurricane Katrina.
- California General Contractor #697339 - B, 1994
- C61/D64 Specialty License, Air Duct Cleaning, 1995
- A - General Engineering License
- HAZ - Hazardous Substance Removal, 2009
- ASB - Asbestos, 2009
- DOSH Certification #973, 2010
Certifications, Training & Qualifications:
- Certified, California Unfair Claims Settlement Practices Regulations, January 1993
- Certified 29 CFR 1910.120 Hazardous Material Responder Technician, Level I, July 1993
- Qualified, Expert Witness, Property Appraiser, Restoration Contractor, Superior Court, Sacramento, CA, 1997
- Qualified Expert Witness, Remediation Contractor, Federal Court, Sacramento, CA, 2000
- Microbial Remediation Technician Training, 1998
- Air Systems Cleaning Specialist (ASCS) National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA), 2003
- Certified Restorer #46, Restoration Industry Association (RIA), 1989 to present. Over 800 inspections, investigations and reports have been performed.
- Certified Carpet & Upholstery Technician, Institue of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), Certified Journeyman Technician, Certified Textile Inspector, #246, 1972-1993. Over 1400 Certified textile inspections performed.
- Chairman, Steamatic Executive Counsel, 2004 - 2006
- Board of Directors, RIA, 2009 - 2010
- Board of Advisors, Project Consultant, Citizen Voice, Safely Out Campaign, 2006 - 2011